Introducing Parent & Family Involvement in Childcare
As a parent or guardian, you are the most important influence in your child's life. At Fairyland Preschool Barnsley we work closely with families to build positive and meaningful relationships. Family involvement enhances children's wellbeing, learning and development. Fairyland Preschool Barnsley operates an 'Open Door' policy where families are welcome in the centre at all times.
We encourage families to provide input into our weekly program
, to contribute their skills and resources, to assist with excursions and to attend our family afternoon tea each term.
There are many times during your child's care and preschooling that a parent may wish to contribute and become involved in activities. Some of these include:
- Attending information and parent evenings
- Helping plan or chaperone excursions
- Cooking or art and craft demonstrations
- Visiting the centre with your pet
- Sharing something important from your culture with the other children
- Parent/family morning and afternoon tea (held each term)