Our program is based on the knowledge that children are natural, inquisitive and active learners. Children learn best through exploration; by touching, listening, seeing, moving and experiencing real life activities and opportunities. Our educators recognise that children are capable and confident learners with a natural desire to learn and explore the world around them. We do not expect all children to learn things at the same time at the same pace.
We value each child as a unique individual with their own special set of qualities, skills and life experiences. Our experienced and qualified educators provide a unique learning program for each child which draws on their emerging strengths and interests.
Our learning program encourages your child to explore, discover, negotiate, take risks and solve problems. These are important foundations for developing literacy, numeracy and social skills.
Our program works hand-in-hand with the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). This is the Australian Government's national framework for early childhood education and a key component of the National Quality Framework (NQF).
The 5 overall learning outcomes of the EYLF blend beautifully with both our philosophy and program:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators.
In 2012, Fairyland Preschool Barnsley was one of the first centres accredited under the NQF. We received a rating of "Meeting" all National Quality Standards.
The role of our educators is to support, enrich and extend your child's learning by:
- Providing resources and opportunities for your child to explore
- Providing a wide variety of materials such as play dough, clay, paint, collage, block play, drama/dress-ups, language, numeracy and writing materials to express themselves in their own unique way.
- Questioning and encouraging your child to think creatively, investigate and solve problems, either as an individual or as part of a group.
- Encouraging empathy, social awareness and resilience - to be our future leaders.
We look forward to welcoming children from the greater Newcastle area, including Lake Macquarie, Holmesville and Cameron Park to Fairyland Preschool.