Why Do Parents Choose Fairyland Preschool Barnsley?
- Fairyland Preschool is an active participant in the Me4U Network Group, created to enhance partnerships between local schools and early childhood education centres.
- All staff are trained to use the Pre-Lit Language Program to further develop reading and phonic awareness. The program was developed by Macquarie University and is a skills based early literacy program providing a sound foundation for learning to read.
- Both parents and children benefit from the small centre environment. Every child and family is greeted by their first name everyday!
- High staff ratios ensure each child is an individual, allowing for personalised programming.
- Families continue to return to Fairyland Preschool Barnsley because we provide a thorough school readiness program which is inclusive of both intentional teaching and child-directed learning.
- Our large outdoor play area that allows children to participate in soccer, cricket, touch, basketball as well as sand/dirt play, visual arts, drama and quiet areas for reading and relaxing.
- Permanent educators with low staff turnover ensures continuity for both children and families.
- NO CHARGE FOR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS.
- Fairyland Preschool Barnsley enjoys a strong partnership with all local primary schools. We are committed to assisting children in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie including Holmesville, Cameron Park and beyond make the transition to school as smooth as possible.
- Fairyland Preschool Barnsley offers a well structured Kindergarten programme ensuring the best start to your child's schooling career.
As a parent or guardian, you are the most important influence in your child's life. At Fairyland Preschool Barnsley we work closely with families to build positive and meaningful relationships. Family involvement enhances children's wellbeing, learning and development. Fairyland Preschool Barnsley operates an 'Open Door' policy where families are welcome in the centre at all times.
We encourage families to provide input into our weekly program, to contribute their skills and resources, to assist with excursions and to attend our family afternoon tea each term.
There are many times during your child's care and preschooling that a parent may wish to contribute and become involved in activities. Some of these include:
- Attending information and parent evenings
- Helping plan or chaperone excursions
- Cooking or art and craft demonstrations
- Visiting the centre with your pet
- Sharing something important from your culture with the other children
- Parent/family morning and afternoon tea (held each term)